The rules and regulations of the Parkwood Swim Club benefit and protect all members and assure the safe and sanitary operation of the pool facilities. Please ensure that all members of your family and any guests that you bring are familiar with these.
- Each member must sign in at the concession stand along with their guest. (See guest part for more information)
- Alcohol and tobacco are not permitted anywhere on pool property. Members and guests who are intoxicated by alcohol or any other substance will not be admitted to the pool.
- Members under the age of 12 must be accompanied by another member who is fifteen or older.
- Guest must be accompanied by a member at all times.
- The guest charge is $10 per day for all guests every day of the week.
- A babysitter pass may be purchased for $50 with a family membership for a babysitter to accompany children they are caring for, but not to be used independently.
- Payment may be made by dropping a check made payable to Parkwood Swim Club in the secure mailbox at the end of the dirt drive on Clermont or by sending a payment via Venmo to @Parkwood-SwimClub (email address will be email@example.com).
- Do not run, push, shove, dunk, or engage in dangerous play in or around the pool.
- Swimmers must be respectful of their surroundings and other swimmers.
- Swimmers may cross the swim lap lane without hindrance of lap swimmers.
- Do not dive in the shallow end of the pool.
- Do not use the diving area if you cannot swim.
- Do not bring glass containers or breakable objects of any kind into the pool enclosure.
- People who are wearing disposable diapers may not enter the pools. Swim diapers are allowed in the pool.
- Kickboards may be used while participating in swim lessons or while swimming in the lap lane.
- Several levels of disciplinary measures are used to enforce these rules and regulations.
- Whistle and a verbal warning
- Removal from the pool for a few minutes
- Ban from the premises for the remainder of the day
- Ban from the premises for an extended period
- Board action
- Any member or guest banned from the premises for an extended period may appeal to the board for early reinstatement. The Board may grant early reinstatement or uphold the extended ban. Their decision will be based on the circumstances.
- All members and guests use the Swim Club and its facilities at their own risk. The Swim Club is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage of personal property of members or guests.
- Report all injuries to the pool manager or a lifeguard.
- Young children or novice swimmers are allowed to use the wading pool. Adults who permit children to use the wading pool take full responsibility for their safety.
- Swimming pool accessories (such as rings, masks, fins, snorkels, kickboards, and floatables) are permitted in the pools at the lifeguards’ discretion.
- Parkwood Swim Club has a strict no smoking policy. If you must smoke while at the pool, please go to the bottom of the hill in the parking lot.
- Only authorized vehicles are allowed on the driveway that approaches the pool entrance.
- The space on top of the drive is designated as the handicapped space.
- Lifeguards clear the pool when necessary because of equipment breakdown.
- Lifeguards direct swimmers who show signs of being overly tired to remain out of the pool for a short time.
- Lifeguards clear the pool for 20 minutes consecutively if thunder is heard or lightning is seen or in serious weather conditions. If there is thunder, patrons can stay on the pool deck, but if there is lightning they need to leave the area completely
- Lifeguards have the right to close the pool for the safety of the patrons.
- If the pool is closed unexpectedly, we will do our best to notify our members through our social media and email listservs.
- Members may have pool parties without paying a pool party fee.
- There is no charge for party guests who are members of the swim club; the charge for each non-member guest will be $10
- The maximum number of guests at a pool party is 12.
- There are two picnic tables with bench seats and umbrellas in the northeast corner of the pool deck that can be reserved for pool parties for a maximum of 2.5 hours using a SignUp Genius form available on the swim club website.
- Members sponsoring pool parties involving 6 or less people do not have to notify the swim club about the party, unless they want to reserve the tables set aside for pool parties.
- Members sponsoring pool parties involving 7 or more people must notify the swim club via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 36 hours before the party is scheduled so that the swim club has time to ensure there will be an adequate number of lifeguards on duty during the party.